My Shopping List
After-Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast (3 to 3-1/2 lb.)
+ 1 envelope (0.7 oz.) Italian salad dressing mix
+ 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
+ 2 cloves garlic, peeled
+ 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 in. pieces
+ 1/2 c. ready-to-serve beef broth
+ 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-in. thick slices
+ 2-1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
What to do:
1. Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on High 5 hr., or on Low 8 hr. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 min. or until pot roast is fork-tender.
2. Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 c. cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 min. or until thickened.
3. Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
* Nutrition information is per serving, using chuck (1/6 of recipe)
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 333; Total Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 129mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Protein: 44g; Sodium: 58mg;