My Shopping List
Jalapeno Olive Idaho« Potato Salad
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
Chill Time: 3 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 lb. Idaho« potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
+ 12 large jalapeno stuffed Spanish olives, sliced
+ 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
+ 1/2 c. diced red onion
+ 1/2 c. diced celery
+ 1/3 c. light mayonnaise
+ 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
+ 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
+ 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
+ 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
+ salt and black pepper to taste
+ 1/8 tsp. dried pepper flakes
What to do:
1. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 6 c. of water to a boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 4 min. or until fork tender.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well blended.
3. Drain potatoes in a colander and run under cold water until completely cooled. Shake off excess water. Add potatoes to the olive mixture and toss gently, yet thoroughly, until well coated.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hr. before serving to blend flavors.
* Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.
Calories: 130; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 230mg;