My Shopping List
Crock-Pot Braised Short Rib and Gorgonzola Quesadilla
Courtesy of Mission Foods
Prep Time: 1 Hr.
Cook Time: 8 Hr. 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 10 each Mission® Large/Burrito Super Soft Flour Tortilla
+ 3 lb. beef short ribs
+ 2 each carrots, cut into quarters
+ 3 each celery ribs, ends discarded, cut into quarters
+ 1/2 each onion, cut into large pieces
+ 3 each garlic cloves
+ 4 c. beef stock
+ 1 c. red wine
+ 3 each thyme sprig, fresh
+ 1 each bay leaf
+ 10 each bacon strips
+ 2 1/2 c. potato, small dice
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 1/2 c. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled to pea size
+ 2 1/2 c. Greek non-fat yogurt
+ 3/4 c. plus 3 Tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced
+ 4 tbsp. balsamic glaze, ready-to-use
What to do:
1. Layer carrots, celery, onion, and garlic at the bottom of the crock pot and lay the short ribs over top. Add liquids and herbs. Turn the crock-pot to low and cook for 8 hours, turning beef after 4 hours if possible. After 8 hours, remove the beef from the braising liquid, discard the bones and fat, and shred the meat.
2. Cook bacon and allow to drain onto paper towels before roughly chopping.
3. Cook the potato in olive oil at medium-high heat until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. About 6-8 minutes. Allow to drain on paper towels.
4. Combine Gorgonzola and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated.
5. To serve, spread 1/2 cup of the yogurt mixture over the entire tortilla. On one half of the tortilla, add 1/4 c. of the shredded short ribs, 1 slice of bacon rough chopped, 1/4 c. potatoes, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. scallions. Fold the tortilla in half and crisp in a pan over medium heat, turning after a few minutes. Once crisp on both sides, slice into quarters and drizzle with about 1 tsp. of balsamic glaze.
*Balsamic glaze is a ready-to-use product, available at your local grocery store in the salad dressing aisle.
Calories: 780; Calories From Fat: 330; Cholesterol: 195mg; Total Carbs: 49g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 62g; Sodium: 1440mg;