My Shopping List
Honey and Spice Sauteed Pork Hand Tacos
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 3 Min.
Marinate: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless pork chops, thinly-cut (1/2-in. thick), cut into strips
+ 1 Tbsp. honey
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 tsp. lemon juice
+ 1 tsp. soy sauce
+ 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper, (smoked or plain paprika can be used as an alternative)
+ 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
+ 1 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
+ 1 c. pico de gallo*
+ to taste light sour cream, or crema
What to do:
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground chipotle pepper and whisk to combine. Add the sliced pork to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the slices of pork to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping with tongs in the middle of the cooking process. Once cooked, remove the pork to a plate and reserve.
3. Arrange 8 corn tortillas on a platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on top of each taco, and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
* You can find prepared pico de gallo, typically a combination of onions, chiles, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro, in the refrigerated section of the produce department in most major supermarkets.
* These tacos would be great alongside a rice pilaf dish. Chop up some fresh cilantro and stir it into the rice for an extra kick.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 90mg;