My Shopping List
Quick Beef Fajitas with Pico De Gallo
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 16 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 lb.)
+ 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
+ 2 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
Pico de Gallo:
+ 1/2 c. chopped seeded tomato
+ 1/2 c. diced zucchini
+ 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1/4 c. prepared picante sauce or salsa
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
3. Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.
* Cook's Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 455; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 41g; Sodium: 578mg;