My Shopping List
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Tbsp. canola oil (30 mL)
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 medium onion, diced
+ 1 medium carrot, diced
+ 2 ribs celery, diced
+ 1 can (28 oz./796 mL) tomatoes
+ 2-3 canned chipotle chilies, chopped
+ 1 small purchased whole roasted chicken, meat removed from carcass and chopped or shredded into bite size pieces
+ 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro (30 mL)
+ 2 large tortilla wraps, each cut into 4 pieces and then cut into 1/2-in. strips
+ 1/4 c. light sour cream (60 mL)
+ 1/4 c. light feta cheese (60 mL)
+ cilantro leaves for garnish
What to do:
1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir tomatoes into vegetables. Cut tomatoes into smaller pieces using kitchen shears. Add chipotle peppers. Stir to mix ingredients.
2. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes.
3. Add cooked chicken and heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
4. Meanwhile, toast tortilla strips at 425ºF (220ºC) for 6-7 minutes, stirring once during baking time. Divide chips into 6 serving bowls and ladle chicken mixture over top of chips.
5. Garnish with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sour cream, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) light feta cheese and additional cilantro leaves.
* Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
Calories: 340; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 720mg;