My Shopping List
Mini Almond Dream Bars
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 2 Min.
Chill Time: 50 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 (16-ounce) chocolate baking bar, divided (see Note)
+ 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
+ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 28 whole almonds
What to do:
1. Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending over sides. Coat foil with cooking spray. Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave half the baking chocolate 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow creme 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in vanilla and the melted chocolate; mix well. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Freeze 45 minutes or until firm.
4. Lift candy from pan, and cut into 7 even bars, then cut each bar in half. Gently press 2 almonds in center of each candy bar.
5. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate bar 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place candy bars in melted chocolate one at a time, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove each bar and shake off any excess chocolate; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bars. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
NOTE: The Test Kitchen used CANDIQUIK® candy coating, but chocolate melting wafers or discs will work just as well.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.