My Shopping List
American Pork Barbecue
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 20
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 4 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5-lb. boneless pork butt (shoulder roast)
+ 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
+ 1 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
+ 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
+ 1 tsp. cayenne
+ 1 tsp. dried thyme
+ 1 tsp. onion powder
+ 1 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ soft sandwich buns
+ favorite BBQ sauce (optional)
What to do:
1. Combine all seasonings well in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast.
2. Prepare a medium fire, banked, in covered grill. Position pork over a drip pan, add about 1/2-in. water or apple juice to drip pan. Grill over indirect heat for 3 1/2-4 hrs, until pork is very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain a grill temperature of about 300°F, but avoid opening grill often.
3. Remove pork to large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 min. Slice or chop to serve.
Serve with BBQ sauce if desired.
* This classic from the South is a favorite from coast to coast, though sauces served alongside vary widely from region to region.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
White Zinfandel, Shiraz/Syrah, Merlot
Calories: 450; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 1720mg;