My Shopping List
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
Serve With:Servings: 8
Ice cream or angel food cake. Can also be mixed with sparkling water for a watermelon soda.
Prep Time: 8 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
What to do:
1. Place the puréed watermelon and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir while bringing to a simmer.
2. Adjust the heat to maintain a simmer.
3. Stirring occasionally, simmer until the mixture has reduced by one half in volume and becomes syrupy.
4. Remove from heat to cool and then place in a glass bowl or jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keeps 5 days in the refrigerator. Makes 2 cups.
* Serve this delicious topping over vanilla ice cream or angel food cake. Mix into sparkling water for a watermelon soda. It's terrific for watermelon martinis or other cocktails.