My Shopping List
Char Shui (Siu) Style BBQ Pork Tenderloin with Rice and Cabbage Salad
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
Marinate: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb. each)
+ 1 tsp. sesame oil
+ 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. grenadine syrup, OR pomegranate juice
+ 2 tsp. soy sauce
+ 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
+ 1 tsp. garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
+ 4 c. steamed white rice, cooled
+ 1 c. cabbage, shredded
+ 1 c. cilantro, chopped
+ 1 c. carrots, grated or finely shredded
+ 1/2 c. peanuts OR cashews, coarsely chopped
+ 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
+ 1/4 c. green onion, chopped
+ 1/4 c. soy sauce
+ 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
+ 3 Tbsp. canola oil
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
+ 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
+ 2 tsp. Oriental sesame oil
What to do:
1. Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; pour over pork in bag. Turn bag to coat pork with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr. or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. (Line roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up, if desired.) Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on rack in roasting pan and roast for 20-27 min. or until the pork's internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 min.
3. For salad, combine rice, cabbage, carrots, nuts, cilantro and green onions in a large bowl. Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, sugar (optional), sesame seeds and sesame oil in small bowl; pour over rice mixture. Lightly toss until combined.
4. Thinly slice pork and serve over rice salad.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com