My Shopping List
Farmers Market Chicken Salad
Courtesy of National Honey Board
Serve With:Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch wide strips
+ 6 c. mixed salad greens, torn into bite sized pieces
+ 2 c. red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
+ 1-1/2 c. thin green beans, snow/sugar snap peas, cucumbers or sliced bell peppers
+ 1-1/2 c. toasted wheat germ
+ 1 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
+ 3 egg whites
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ Nonstick cooking spray
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. For chicken, combine wheat germ, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat egg whites and water until frothy.
3. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture then in wheat germ mixture. Dip and coat chicken again, coating thoroughly; place on baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
4. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
5. To assemble salad, arrange greens, tomatoes and green beans on serving platter; top with warm chicken. Drizzle Honey-Dijon Dressing over salad.
- Makes 4 servings -
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
For this and more great recipes, please visit www.honey.com/recipes
Calories: 450; Total Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 52g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 42g; Sodium: 980mg;