My Shopping List
Cured Ham and Asparagus Pizza
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 c. honey-cured ham, cubed (8-oz.)
+ 8 oz. asparagus
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
+ 1-2 Tbsp. dry sherry
+ 1 c. bottled roasted garlic Alfredo sauce, or Alfredo sauce
+ 1 tsp. cornmeal
+ 1 (13.8-oz.) pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
+ 1-1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded (6-oz.)
What to do:
1. Snap off and discard woody portions of asparagus. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and asparagus. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 min. or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in sherry. Cook and stir for 2 min. more. Set aside.
3. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease a 12- or 13-in. pizza pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Pat pizza dough into pan, rounding corners of dough rectangle to fit pan and building up edges. If desired, snip edges with kitchen shears. Bake about 7 min. or until lightly browned.
4. Spread crust with Alfredo sauce. Top with vegetable mixture and ham. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 min. more or until golden. Let stand 5 min. before cutting and serving.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 616; Total Fat: 26g; Saturated Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 94mg; Total Carbs: 61g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 1836mg;